A clean library is a healthy library.
Paramount to the preservation of books; cleaning your books and shelving space not only prolongs the life of your collections, but also improves the experience of your library visitors and protects staff from health issues.
A Clean Collection
There are many benefits to having a clean library collection including:
- Protecting staff and visitors from irritation, allergies and longer term health issues
- Provide a more pleasant environment and better experience of your library
- Reduce the risk of mould, insects and other pests
- Prevent damage to books and extend life of the collections
Library Cleaning Service
As the UK's leading library cleaning service provider, we carry out archival standard cleaning the length and breadth of the country. Our dedicated team can complete anything from a small scale cleaning project to full library and archive cleaning over an extended period.
Our professional library cleaning service includes:
- Review of condition of collection in situ
- Experienced team of trained bookbinders utilised ensuring correct handling practices
- Archive approved cleaning practices
- Museum grade equipment
See our blog about this project here.
Royal College of Surgeons of England Library